Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Junie B. Jones!

If you have not heard about this silly, little Kindergarten girl yet, I am sure you will!  Every day, after lunch recess, I read aloud the Junie B. Jones series and, boy, the class LOVES it!  The KinderKids can relate to her, as she is experiencing the adventures of Kindergarten, too!

The author, Barbara Parks is a fantastic writer and she has a great way of communicating Kinder-thoughts in print.  She, also, has a 1st grade series which is just as silly!

Be prepared, though~~she writes as if she was a KinderKids.   Therefore, there are grammatical errors and, at times, she uses language that may not be appropriate for your household.  In the classroom, I changed what she says to make it appropriate. 
 For example, if she said, "I hate that!"  I would change it to, "I do not like that!"

Go pick up a Junie B. book  today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment